Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Horses

When I was a young girl I loved horses. I mean I L-O-V-E-D horses! I begged and begged my parents to let me have a horse, but we lived in the city. I had a lot of toy horses, but my two favorites were a Pinto named "Frosty" and a white horse named "Famous." I always said that if I ever had a horse I would name her Famous.
Living out here in the "sticks" has its advantages. Right across the road from our house is a family that has several horses. I can look out my windows any time and see horses. There are several horse farms all around our area. So I can see horses without having to take care of one!
Well, every day when we leave our house The Queen looks to the horses across the road and announces that she "needs to ride a horse today." I always come back with the response of "one day you will."
A dear friend of ours has several Paso Fino horses and many times has asked me to bring the girls out to see the horses. Finally, we took the girls to see the horses. The Queen was EXCITED to finally be able to ride a horse! The Princess was excited just because The Queen was excited! I know The Queen well enough to know that she often talks big, then backs out. So I had every idea that this would be the case too, that The Queen would take one look at the horse up close and go into her "Shy Di" mode. As soon as we stepped out of our vehicle, The Queen was ready! She took my hand and strode right up to "Regalla." Much to my shock and amazement, The Queen hopped onto the saddle! The Princess was saying "scary horse, scary horse", but The Queen was grinning from ear to ear! Finaly, The Princess agreed to sit on the horse with The Queen.
The girls on Regalla.

So, now every day The Queen asks me to take her to ride horses again. We have been back once. I used it as an early morning bribe (too early for a candy bribe) when trying to get the girls ready for school. Seems to work!
A friend of ours gave us a bag of gently used clothes and in the bag was a pair of cowgirl boots. They fit The Queen perfect, just like Cinderella and the glass slipper. Now The Queen wants to trade in her tiara for a cowgirl hat.....

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Loving the pictures, I think the Queen can add the tiara to the cowboy hat :o)
My parents live out in the sticks, and I love looking out their backyard and seeing the neighbor's horses and cattle every morning. And the peace and quiet is bliss!

Vivian M said...

Stop by my blog, I left an award for you there!