Monday, January 5, 2009

Mutant Gingerbread Cookies

Every year our local FCC group has a gingerbread house decorating party for the kids. We have not been able to attend one of the parties, but I had grand intentions on doing so this year. I was looking for a gingerbread house kit and found a cookie kit. I thought that decorating cookies would be a lot easier than constructing a gingerbread house. The kit sat on my countertop throughout Christmas. I would look at it everyday and think we would get to it. Finally, I brought the kit out for my children to decorate. The kit included everything (8 cookies, decorations, icing mix).

Cookie kit. Inside were instructions on how to create a variety of gingerbread people. Well, let me tell you, this was one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do! The icing was almost impossible to squeeze out of the bag. Then the icing wouldn't stick to the cookie. I had icing all over me and the floor. More so than on the cookies! Here is the best we could do:


Not quite like the picture on the front of the box....

I guess we will stick with our naked sugar cookies for next year!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

They are cute! You are too harsh on yourself, I think you all did a great job!