Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to.....ME!


Happy Birthday to me! I guess some people probably wouldn't be too excited to turn..., to turn the age of 50! With this being such a milestone birthday I expected this to be a time of reflection on my life (so far), but gee whiz who has time? Being the Mama of a teen to toddlers, there is always something or someone that requires attention. I don't really think of myself in terms of "years." I don't know, but it seems more like a time warp to me. As the great musical philosopher, Jimmy Buffett, once sang, "I'm growing older, but not up." Pretty much sums it up for me.
Here are a few flashback photos of a much, much younger me.

Aw-w-w! Here I am with my precious Mama. I'm guessing I am 1 year or less in the photo. See that big, huge smile? Yep, I still get that same smile on my face when I know I'm about to eat something yummy!


Here I am in Kindergarten. My Mama used to keep my hair cut short as that was the only way to control it. As you can see, there are a few rebellious curls getting ready to spring out!


My Birth Verse:
"And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit."
Ephesians 2:22 NIV
A "birth verse" correlates the scripture chapter and verse with month and day. The book of Ephesians was written by the Apostle Paul around 60 A.D. This particular letter was directed to the church in Ephesus as encouragement of their new relationship with Jesus Christ. He helps them to discover how to live in Christ and how to face the struggles of life through Chris's power.

I take much comfort that I am still a "work in progress" and that Christ is still "building" me. He has come a long way with me, but we still have far to go. I pray I have another 50 years to go!!


3 comments:

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday to you!!!! And many more healthy ones to come!

Tricia said...

Your toothy grin is adorable. I gave you an award. You can receive it on my blog.
http://thejoysofmommy.blogspot.com.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy birthday a few days late!!!