Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sick Again!

Yep. Sick, again. Actually, I think we are all on the road to recovery at this point. It started a week and a half ago with The Queen. I spent the night sitting in a chair holding her so that she could sleep. She was coughing so much, and sitting up seemed to help. A trip to the pediatrician yielded a diagnosis of "sinus infection" and a Rx for an antibiotic. The next 2 nights a continued to sit in the chair holding her so she could sleep. Wednesday night The Princess started with a hacking cough and fever, etc. Another trip to the pediatrician and the diagnosis of the Flu! By this time, I am also feeling like yuck. However, I continue our nighttime routine of sitting in the chair, but now I am alternating the girls so they can both get some sleep. Of course, this means I haven't had sleep in about 4 nights. The Princess didn't seem to improve after the Flu treatment and has a few new symptoms, so ANOTHER trip to the pediatrician. The diagnosis this time is Strep. More medicine. My kitchen counter looked like a pharmacy. By this time I had resorted to "sleeping" sitting in the chair so I wouldn't cough so much and could get some (?) sleep.
This has been one of the worst "winter" seasons I have experienced. The weather is just refusing to admit that it is SPRING. Everyone has been sicker than any other year. I can't help but think that the weather and the illnesses are related. It can't be from my messy house:).

1 comment:

Kim said...

Bless your heart, Teri! You've been through it. Both of my kids have been much sicker than usual this winter as well. I keep saying that if it would warm up and stay warm maybe some of these germs would finally go away. So far the weather isn't cooperating on that one though! Hope both the girls are better much soon. Try to take good care of yourself, too. I know that's hard when both of them are sick.