Monday, May 4, 2009

Why?



  • Why is it that my house constantly looks as though a hurricane has blown through?


  • Why is it that The Queen will ask me a question and when I reply "No", she thinks it means for her to constantly repeat the question louder and louder (to the point of shrieking) as though I didn't hear her in the first place?




  • Why is it that my cat will stay out all night, come in and eat breakfast then proceed to throw up all over the carpet and NOT the hardwood floor?

    • Why is it that the cat is always to blame for something The Princess gets in trouble for?
    • Why is it that no one in my house can actually put their clothes in the laundry basket, but can manage only to get them near the laundry basket?
    • Why is it that the laundry is never caught up?
    • Why is it that The Queen and The Princess feel it absolutely necessary to change clothes every 5 minutes and continue the process over and over until they have completely emptied their dresser?
    • Why is it that The Queen and The Princess refuse to wear the adorable Matilda Jane dresses that I bought for them (thank goodness at 60% off!)?
    • Why is it they don't make the same adorable Matilda Jane dresses for grown-ups?

    • Why is it that when I do discipline my children that I am actually the one that feels horrible?


    • Why is it that my heart would love nothing more than to bring another child into our home, but that for so many reasons it won't happen?

    • Why is it that any child would have to wait for a forever family?

    • Why is it so expensive to adopt a child?
    • Why is it that I can't get out of my mind the face of a specific little girl in China?
    • Why is it that I have dreams of adopting 2 more children from China (boy and girl) though that door is closed?
    • Why is it that I can't accept that the door is closed?
    • Why is it that God doesn't take this desire out of my heart instead of letting it torment me?
    • Why do I even think I can take on any more than I have now?
    • Why is it that I feel like I am in a desert, or at least Jockey's Ridge at the Outer Banks:)?



    3 comments:

    a Tonggu Momma said...

    When you find out the answer to the cat-vomit-on-the-carpet-not-the-hardwood-floor question, will you please let me know? Thank you in advance. LOL.

    Sonia said...

    Have you been in my head?? I don't have the cat issue... Other than that, I'm there. Especially about the more kids, another adoption, can't do it now, what am I thinking taking on more thing... Why can't I? I know the door is closed for me for different reasons. But it doesn't stop the desire.

    Bless your heart, Teri.

    Laura L. said...

    Hi there! I found your blog through a comment you left on TM's blog.
    I'm a new follower too, as of just now.
    We seem to have some views and humor that line up, so I must come back. :)
    Have a wonderful Friday!