Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Language of Royals




Most of us born and raised in the South have our own ways of communicating, and use words and expressions that may seem foreign to those from other places. Well, I have been learning that there is also a special language among the Royals living in my sand castle. Here are just a few of the sayings and words used by The Queen and The Princess:

  • Chicken bar (their favorite piece of chicken)= chicken leg
  • Up sleeves = Short sleeved shirt
  • Down Sleeves = Long sleeved shirt
  • Macaroni chips = Fritos
  • Cheese S'mores = cheese on crackers
  • Crunch bread = toast
  • I want lips = I need to put on lipstick
  • Pink toes = pink nail polish on toes
  • Tingles = Tangles in their hair
  • Tooter-scooter = Plasma car (kiddy scooter)
  • Chickle-ay/chickalay (favorite place to eat)= Chick Fila

Then there are the decrees that flow from thou mouths:
  • Mama, say "insert whatever it is she wants me to say (usually "yes")"
  • That's just the way it is!
  • The Princess is not my friend, she is my sister. (I guess you can't be both?)
  • Mama, you're not focusing on what I'm saying!

Then, the ones that make me smile:

  • Mama, you will always, always, always, always, always come back for us. (When I take them to Preschool), and finally
  • Wo Ai Ni, I love you.




7 comments:

Sonia said...

I love it!! Especially those chicken bars!! That's one I haven't heart. And the up sleeves and down sleeves are funny, too. We have "sweebs", doesn't matter if they are long or short on our Royals.

Vivian M said...

Aww I love it!!! And if you think about them, they make alot fo sense!

Kristin said...

OMG, how cute!

Laura L. said...

Your little princesses are very cute. I love all of their lingo.
Our daughter has a few that I love, my current favorite that I don't correct for fear she'll stop saying it is, "Mom, can you take me a bath?" or "Can I take my Polly Pockets a bath?"

Kim said...

Too cute! Kids are so sweet and funny at these ages. Good that you're writing those things down so you will remember them for them. Last year Lydia's class was studying about Thanksgiving. She was doing a pretty good job of telling me that the king was making them go to his church and so they left on a big boat. I asked her if she remembered what the people were called. She thought for a minute and said "penguins". Her teacher and I had a good laugh over that one!

Kim said...

Oh -- and love the picture of the royal duo!

Beach Mama said...

Kim,

Penguins is too funny! I will never be able to view Thanksgiving the same again! Thanks!