Most of us born and raised in the South have our own ways of communicating, and use words and expressions that may seem foreign to those from other places. Well, I have been learning that there is also a special language among the Royals living in my sand castle. Here are just a few of the sayings and words used by The Queen and The Princess:
- Chicken bar (their favorite piece of chicken)= chicken leg
- Up sleeves = Short sleeved shirt
- Down Sleeves = Long sleeved shirt
- Macaroni chips = Fritos
- Cheese S'mores = cheese on crackers
- Crunch bread = toast
- I want lips = I need to put on lipstick
- Pink toes = pink nail polish on toes
- Tingles = Tangles in their hair
- Tooter-scooter = Plasma car (kiddy scooter)
- Chickle-ay/chickalay (favorite place to eat)= Chick Fila
Then there are the decrees that flow from thou mouths:
- Mama, say "insert whatever it is she wants me to say (usually "yes")"
- That's just the way it is!
- The Princess is not my friend, she is my sister. (I guess you can't be both?)
- Mama, you're not focusing on what I'm saying!
Then, the ones that make me smile:
- Mama, you will always, always, always, always, always come back for us. (When I take them to Preschool), and finally
- Wo Ai Ni, I love you.