Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Updates

Here it is, the last full week of school! My brain has been on "summer vacation" since the girls got out of Preschool 2 weeks ago. Godzilla passed all his EOG tests (YAY!!!). We had to work extra hard on Math, but it paid off. Now I need to keep him practicing over the summer (easier said than done). Big Tuna has his EOCs this week starting tomorrow. He still hasn't shown much interest in looking for a summer job. In a way I don't want to push it, but I don't want him lounging around watching TV and playing video games all summer either.

We had a pretty good weekend. The Carolina weather was beautiful. We spent as much time outdoors as we could. We didn't get to take an beach excursions though. So instead I dragged out our kiddie pool and filled it with water.



The girls were very busy mixing, baking, and cooking in the pool.



They even let me put pigtails in their hair!


I was informed they were making a "contraption."






Definitely posed!




Here she goes!




That was fast!



My turn.



That's one way of doing it.




Spending quality time with Captain Daddy. I was told that The Queen was revealing "secrets" to Captain Daddy. He wouldn't tell me what they were.



This is going to be another busy, busy week. We have our last post-placement visit by our social worker this week. Of course I am trying to clean the house, but the two little hurricanes make it quite a challenge! BTW, today marks the official beginning of "Hurricane Season."



Today also marks 12 years since my beloved Mama passed away unexpectedly. I miss her so much! Big Tuna was my only child while my Mother was alive. Oh how she would have loved Godzilla and the girls! Oh how they would have loved her!










6 comments:

Fritter Chicks™ said...

I love these pictures! They are having a blast! Weather was beautiful in South Georgia too! I lost my dad in 2007 and I understand.

Vivian M said...

Love the kiddie pool! Looks like you all are kicking off summer with a splash.
Sorry about your Mum. Sending you a huge hug!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a weekend! It's amazing how busy we can be even stay close to the house, isn't it? And I'm sorry about your momma.

Sonia said...

Cute pics! I love the warm weather, too.

My mom's been gone almost 14 years... and sometimes it's still hard. I feel for you.

Shanna said...

It always feels so nice to have that last post-placement done!
We kept a kiddie pool out all last summer! Your sweeties look like they are having a blast. So darling!!
Warm hugs to you as you remember your lovely mama.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on passing the EOG's. I'm sure he is glad they are over. ;)

Will be thinking about you this week as you have your last placement visit.