Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chinapalooza 2009

Four years ago (July 2005), 23 families traveled to China to receive our daughters. Eight families (including ours) traveled to Guangdong Province, and the other families traveled to Jiangxi Province. Every year we reunite to celebrate our families. This year we met at the Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, WVA. We had a wonderful time! It's hard to believe that it has been 4 years.



July 11, 2005- The first time I held The Queen in my arms.

The Queen checking out Captain Daddy; Godzilla standing by (look how little he was!)

Our "Red Couch" photo. The Queen didn't want to participate. She started crying and began a chain reaction of crying.


Our family "Red Couch" photo (she still isn't happy about it).




Our 2005 travel group.
As I look through my photos of this year's reunion, I realize I didn't take that many. I guess I was just too busy talking with everyone. Also, what photos I do have aren't very good. But anyhow, I have put together a Smilebox slideshow below.

5 comments:

Vivian M said...

I LOVED your photos! Chinapalooza was awesome, so glad we got to go this year and see you again! And the Queen and the Princess certainly live up to their names! ;o)

Kim said...

Congratulations on the Queen's Family Day anniversary! She and the Princess have their Family Days pretty close together, don't they? Love all the pictures you posted. I always love seeing the red couch pictures. Brings back really good memories.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Those red couch photos take me back... *grin* Glad y'all had such a wonderful Chinapalooza.

Shelley said...

hey Beach Mamma...I loved the photos from Chinapalooza but I have to ask...are my eyes deceiving me or are their TWO sets of twins in your group? I recognize the Tolman twins, but is there another set? Anyway, great pics! Looks like you all had a great time.
Blessings~

Beach Mama said...

There are only one set of twins. My girls are close in age/height and are dressed alike. They are often mistaken for twins.