Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Workin' On My Serve

Repeat, repeat... until it sinks in and becomes automatic..

Our church VBS ended and what a week we had! I have been our church's VBS director/coordinator for about the last 5 years. Not that I do much other than put together a schedule and give the volunteers their materials. The volunteers take their stuff and run with it and VBS always turns out great!

We use Lifeway's VBS curriculum which is always, always awesome! This year's theme was the "Boomerang Express - It all comes back to Jesus." Jeff Slaughter does a wonderful job with the music each year. This was also the first year that my girls have participated in VBS. They had a blast and continue to sing, sing, sing their hearts out everyday about Jesus. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Every year there is always one song from the program that becomes my favorite. This year's favorite song is "Workin' on My Serve." I have many God-given gifts and talents that I use, some I don't use, and some I haven't quite developed yet. I do know that I have a servant's heart. The problem is that it often conflicts with my selfish-self. So, I WILL be workin' on my serve! It doesn't hurt that I can remind myself with a catchy little tune and the cute dance.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

That sounds like an awesome VBS theme. I might use that next year for ours.