Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dolls

I've totally blown off my house and other home-maker duties this past week by making dolls. I love this pattern from Bit of Whimsy Dolls . I started out making this girl and boy set to offer as a raffle for my ministry at church (Change a Child). However, as I started making the dolls I felt lead to offer them to a friend of mine who is raising money for her adoption. I'm not sure if she can use them or wants them, but they are hers if she wants them.


Aren't they cute? I have to say that I think the boy pattern is the cutest!



These lovelies are for another friend in the middle of her adoption. Hopefully all of her girls will be home for Christmas!

I have learned much in the doll-making process since I made my girls' first dolls. They each wanted a new doll so their dolls could have "sisters."

I guess I will spend this week playing catch up and opening up my boxes of curriculum (yes, they are still un-opened by my door). With the school year starting up I probably won't get many opportunities to sew for a while. I still have two skirts for the girls to try to get done, not to mention mending.
Anyway, I think the dolls will like their new homes.







1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

These are beautiful! *sigh* I always wanted to be crafty.