Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well, let me see....since I haven't been to a movie theatre to see a movie since the "Pre-Queen" era (2005), I most certainly did not plan and leave the house in "un-noticed mode" aka "sneaking out" to see a movie with my sons (sans daughters). No Not Me! And I most certainly did not use Big Tuna as a diversion until those of us (escaping) were safely outside of the house and running to the vehicle as though in "get-a-way mode."

You also did not catch me cleaning my house (inside) to avoid yard duty outside with Captain Daddy and the boys. No, no, no, Not Me! because I LOVE yard work and would never purposely avoid it by cleaning the inside of my house. I can clean the inside of my house any day of the week, so why would I want to do it on a Saturday when everyone else was outside having fun?

I most certainly, never in a thousand years drive 20 miles to church with my children and not check to make sure that each child had a pair of shoes on his/her feet. No, Not Me as I always make sure that the children leave several pairs of shoes in the vehicle so that we are always "prepared." We are a Scouting family you know and I could never let that happen. And I did not let The Queen attend church without shoes. That would be something only a really bad mother would do, and I am not a really bad mother.

And when shopping at a store with my daughters, I would never, ever tell The Princess that she "would just have to pee on the floor" when the store-clerk refused to allow The Princess to use to the store restroom. No, Not Me! I would never say that because The Princess would never assume the straddle/squat position right there in front of said store-clerk, and be ready to do what I wouldn't ask her to do. No, I wouldn't embarrass my daughter at the expense of teaching the store-clerk a lesson (though I may have wanted too!). No, Not Me!

No, I could not possibly do any of those things since it is totally Not Me!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha! I loved the Not Me! at the store. I am sure she would have learned her lesson and not refused abother princess access to the restroom. LOL.

Sonia said...

Teri,

This is funny! The shoes, I can totally relate! Only with us it can be any article of clothing. Yesterday, I looked in the backseat on the way to somewhere and realized I hadn't even brushed the girls' hair. Then I looked at mine. Yep, you guessed it.

I would have love to have seen the clerk's face when she saw "the squat". ROFL!