Thursday, September 24, 2009

Prayer Request

I would like to ask for your prayers for a sweet family I know. They are a young family with 3 children (ages 8 yo, 4 yo, 9 mos). They are expecting identical twins in February. The twins share the same placenta, but each have their own sac. This can cause a problem referred to as Twin to Twin Transfusion. In this situation, the twins share the food supply - one twin usually receives most of the nutrition and the other doesn't. This can result in some serious complications. It was discovered that one twin had considerable less amniotic fluid around it than the other. This can indicate the beginning stages of the Twin to Twin Transfusion (TTT). From monitoring the situation it seems things have not improved and have gotten worse. The family may have to travel to another state to have surgery on the twins to correct the situation, which in itself is risky.
Please include this family in your prayers as things unfold and decisions have to be made.
Thank you.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Prayers sent!!

Vivian M said...

Prayers said...

The Chef In My Head said...

Saying prayers over my morning coffee (the most peaceful time of day for me). Recently I have been blessed and seen a beautiful miracle of healing through the power of prayer. I will plan on the very best for your friend and her gifts from God.