Saturday, October 10, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Hey y'all! It has been a long time since I last posted. We have been busy, but there is not much to really write about. On Sunday we stood up for the unborn with Life Chain. I'm really proud of my family as they all participated (not required to do so). I'm also proud of our little small church body. We had 33 (not counting children) attend. That's probably half of the adults in the church! I doubt that many churches can claim 50% attendance.


Also on Sunday, we gave an attempt at celebrating the Chinese Mid-Autumn (Moon) Festival. Actually "celebrating" isn't the correct word. We don't celebrate it. We just try to bring a little of our daughter's culture into our family. We started with a camp out in our yard on Friday. We made "Camp out Mooncakes" (i.e. S'mores) using big, fat marshmallows. On Sunday, I made "Southern Mooncakes" (i.e. biscuits with a big chunk of cheddar cheese in the middle). We also made Moon cookies (thumbprints), made paper lanterns (with a glow stick inside) and paraded up and down our driveway until the mosquitoes drove us back inside. Those silly lanterns are STILL glowing (weakly) almost one week later.


The Queen and The Princess with their lanterns.





Other than that, it's been a week of schoolin'.

I do know that since Captain Daddy declared that the AC was officially turned off for the year, that we have had some of the hottest weather of the year! I sure hope it cools off soon!


2 comments:

Annie said...

Glad you are back:) The moon festival s'mores sound yummy! No AC!!!!!! I hope Captain Daddy had pity on yall this weekend!!!! LOL!!

Vivian M said...

Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts...it SNOWED here today!!!!