Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy 11th Birthday Godzilla!

It's hard to believe that it has been 11 years since baby Godzilla was placed in my arms. Godzilla is a big fan of the Discovery Channel (MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, etc). One of his favorite shows is Man Vs. Food. Godzilla has been wanting us to go on vacation to Texas after watching an episode Featuring the World's Largest Cinnamon Bun and the 2-foot Donut. Since we aren't travelling to Texas anytime soon, I thought I would bring a little Texas to coastal NC for his birthday. Introducing the Giant Donut Birthday cake using the new cake pans from Williams-Sonoma.


Follow the recipe for the cake and glaze on the back of the box. You will not be disappointed.


Make sure you get those sprinkles on quick! That glaze hardens real fast!

I couldn't push the candles in through the hardened glaze. The best I could do was to put these to "1" candles on. I just hope he doesn't blow too hard or they might fall off.


The birthday boy!



Make a wish (gently)...

What's that? A new Nintendo DS lite?? This boy has worn out 2 Nintendo DS game platforms!


New threads! Just what a growing Godzilla needs.


Go Godzilla!


Okay, well now The Princess (today she is The Princess of Pajamas) needs to offer encouragement with the present unwrapping.


Legos! Always a favorite of Godzilla's.


The entire series of "Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events."
Looks like a great way to celebrate!
Happy Birthday Godzilla!

5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy birthday, Godzilla! Now THAT is a cake fit for Godzilla.

Tricia said...

Happy birthday. I love the donut cake. It makes me want a gigantic cup of coffee.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Godzilla!

How was the cake???

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Godzilla!!!! I LOVE that giant doughnut/cake!!!!! Oh my!!!!

living4him5 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet message...Now I'm going to check out your precious family!


God bless,
Amy