Saturday, February 6, 2010

Go, Go Godzilla (again)!

Well, we are about mid-way through our birthday marathon. Because of a multitude of things going on in the past few weeks (Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, Men at the Cross, etc), Godzilla did not get to have his birthday party until yesterday. So you may ask what kind of party does an 11-year old Godzilla have? Well, it's got to be cool you know, yet still have some of that goofy birthday stuff like a kid. For a month Godzilla has been planning a sleep-over with 4 of his friends. Part of the reason he has been planning for so long is that I have begun homeschooling him (2 weeks ago), so he had to get the party organized before he left public school.
Our conversations have been like this since early January:
Me: (picking him up from school) How was your day?
Godzilla: Good. What time is my party going to be?
Me: I don't know. I don't even know what date your party is going to be. Why?
Godzilla: Because I have 5 friends that say they want to come, but one's brother's birthday is on the 31st and he doesn't know if he can come because he isn't sure when his brother's birthday party is going to be.
Next day:
Me: How was your day?
Godzilla: Good. Have you sent out the invitations yet?
Me: No. You need to get me the addresses of the boys.
And on and on the conversations went. So before we even had a date for the party, there was going to be a party as his friends had already been invited, and told their parents. No backing out now.
So a party we had.
It started with this.

Godzilla and Space Godzilla on Monster Island. A cake of monster proportion.



Please excuse the crowded counter top, bad lighting, and bad photography. This isn't the Pioneer Woman's ranch you know. Just keepin' it real.

I think Godzilla and Space Godzilla are practicing singing "Happy Birthday."


"I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blows" (it's been really cold here so I have been listening to my old Jimmy Buffett music. I didn't mean "old" Jimmy Buffett, but he kind of is. You know what I mean. Just trying to stay warm mentally.)


There was pizza, Monster Cake, and the boys stayed up ALL night. I don't know if they had a good time because they are now asleep. Last night as I layed in bed waiting for the rowdy boys to quiet doqn (never happened), I had the radio on to an oldies station (80's music). I kid you not Blue Oyster Cult's song came over the airwaves "Go, Go Godzilla."
I just hope this cake doesn't end up on Cake Wrecks....




2 comments:

Tricia said...

I love the cake. The volcano was awesome!

Annie said...

What a great cake!!! If they stayed up all night, they prob had a good time:)