Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Captain Daddy!

Today is Captain Daddy's birthday. Because we have had so many birthdays in the past few months, and because it is tax season, we will likely celebrate his birthday AFTER April 15th. His birthday officially ends the chain of birthdays in the family. We'll start all over again in September.
I also know that the girls in his office and/or clients will provide him with enough carrot cake to feed an army. I did not make him a birthday cake, but instead decided to celebrate what looks to be spring outside my door. I made Taste a Rainbow cupcakes and topped them with That's The Best Frosting I've Ever Had.
Took a little work or rather a lot of bowls, spoons etc. to make. But they are pretty....


pretty tasty that is!!

Well, you can see that it is definitely the best frosting The Princess has ever had! Believe me it is! It has FLOUR in the frosting! Who ever heard of FLOUR in the frosting. Tastes like whipped cream. Dangerous stuff!



5 comments:

Kim K. said...

I'm totally stealing your rainbow cupcake idea for Josie's 4th birthday. She's obsessed with rainbows and wants a rainbow party in June. Those are gorgeous!!

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!

Annie said...

Wow!!! That is cute and looks delicious!!!! My kids would love 'em!!! Flour?????

Vivian M said...

That is the most beautiful cupcake I have ever seen! And I think I gained weight just looking at the picture! ;o)
Happy birthday to Captain Daddy!

Sharing Life and Love said...

Oh---love the rainbow cupcakes! Would have been perfect for MC's bday celebration. I already 'ordered'(I know, got lazy) a Tinkerbell pull apart cake---but MC's Chinese name translates to Rainbow---(There was a Rainbow in the sky the day she came to the SWI)-----maybe next year....

Jennifer said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

I have seen the cake version (and the cupcake idea) before. Love it!

Will have to give em a try one day soon. ;)