Monday, March 29, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: She Has A Family!

membox

I have mentioned before about a blog I follow called “A Place Called Simplicity.”  I have to admit to feeling out of my league when I read the faith, belief & trust this family has in the LORD.  I have a l-o-n-g way to go to even get near where they are.  Linny truly inspires me to be the best Christian I can be.  If you hop on over there you can read about how and why Memorial Box Monday got started.

I have decided that I need to start keeping track of the miracles and answered prayers that God has done in my life.  I have decided to start my own Memorial Box.  So, the first thing I thought of is, “what am I going to use for a Memorial Box?”  Then it occurred to me.  Several years ago for our wedding anniversary, Captain Daddy gave me a box.  At the time he said he didn’t know why he was giving it to me, but that I could use it for jewelry (like I have any).  The box clearly isn’t a jewelry box. 

DSCN3608

On the top it has a verse by K. Moon Winters titled “A Prayer Box For Your Precious Memories.”  I have some stuff in it, but it is just stuff.  I now know what this box is meant for.  It is not very big, but I am looking forward to the day when it is so crammed full that I will need a bigger box!

DSCN3607

For months I have been praying, advocating, and lamenting about a precious 8 year old girl listed with Christian World Adoption agency.  They had had her file since July 2009.  I feel in love with this precious child from the moment I laid eyes on her!  However, I also knew in my heart that we were not her family.  I have posted several times here and other places advocating for a family for her.  I was so afraid of her age and special need that her file would be returned and that the door to be adopted would close.  I prayed for her; how I prayed for her.  My dear cyber friend Annie joined me in this effort as well.

Yesterday I posted this message:

She Has A Family!

Y'all know that I have been praying and advocating for the past several months for a precious 8 year old girl listed with CWA. On Friday I went to look at "my" girl's photo listing as I have done everyday for the past 6 months. However, on Friday her photo listing was not accessible. I contacted CWA to find out if her file had been returned (due to be returned very soon) or whether she had been matched with a family. Yesterday, Carol with CWA contacted me with the news that she has her forever family!!!!!! Praise Jesus!!! Thank you to all who have helped me in prayer, in advocating, and in just being there while I lamented. I am thrilled that this child has a family! God is so good. He answers our prayers. He answered her prayers. God bless the little girl and her new family.

Today, I will put her photo into my Memorial Box.  God has answered not only my prayers, but the prayers of a family and a little 8 year old girl.

How Great Is Our God!!!!

5 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Oh my gracious!! What a perfect story for your Memorial Box...How God loves the orphan and how His ear in inclined to the cry of God's people advocating for a family for one!


Yippee Jesus!!

Way to go in posting it, you did a great job - keep it up!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I was thrilled to see your post this morning about her! What an exciting God moment!

Annie said...

Beautiful, Teri!!!!

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

I love your Memorial Box post. I have done the same thing--felt compelled to pray for a child's placement knowing he/she was not meant to be mine. We've rejoiced together when children we've prayed for finally find their forever families. I know there must be rejoicing in heaven, too!

God Bless,
Kathie

Kat said...

I was just catching up with Memorial Box Monday posts and...sigh. I love to see how God forms families and brings love together.....