Monday, April 12, 2010

Build-A-Bear Love

Way back, many years ago when Godzilla was a toddler and Big Tuna wasn’t so big, a friend of mine introduced me to Build-A-Bear Workshop.  I met my friend Diane when she was pregnant with her first child and Big Tuna was 2 or 3 years old.  When our children were younger we would got together fairly often for play dates and coffee.  What started out as a special day trip one spring break, turned into a tradition for us.  We planned a day outing with our kids to Myrtle Beach to go to Ripley’s aquarium and to play putt-putt golf.   While visiting MB my friend suggested we go to the BABW store.  I had never heard of it and it really didn’t sound too interesting to me, but what the heck.  Anyway, we all had such a great time at BABW that it became a regular fall and spring break tradition.  We have had some great times over the years on these trips.  But, as the children got older we couldn’t coordinate our schedules to make the trip.  Our last trip was probably about 5 years ago.  How I missed those days.

A few weeks ago my friend emails me to see if I wanted to make a trek to BABW to make the new Easter Bunny.  Tempting.  The girls had never been to BABW.  After more thought and schedule tweaking, we decided to make the 2-hour trip just to BABW.

We had a blast! Godzilla decided that he needed to show his little sisters how BABW works so he went along with us.  After much deliberation, Godzilla chose a Spinosaurus from the Build-A-Dino (BADW) side of the store.  The Queen selected a pre-made, petite, baby lamb.  The Princess went back and forth from the BABW side to the BADW side.  Finally, The Princess selected a pink Apatosaurus.

DSCN3531

Making a wish on the heart.

DSCN3532

More of the “stuffing” ritual.

DSCN3537

DSCN3539

DSCN3544

No, that wouldn’t be MY bear being stuffed because I am not a child and don’t need stuffed animals.  No, not me!

DSCN3542

I L-O-V-E my Pinkalicious!

DSCN3543

I love my little Lambie!

DSCN3547

ROAR!!!!!!!

DSCN3550

The Queen liked the air bath and wished that’s how she took baths at home.

DSCN3552

DSCN3555

DSCN3556

All the way home, The Princess kept saying how much fun she had at BABW.  I think the BABW tradition will continue.  I don’t know what I am going to do with all the BABW animals that we have collected over the years and what is yet to come in the future.  Maybe a BABW Zoo?

4 comments:

Kim K. said...

Awwwww...so sweet. I'm glad your commute was worth it. We have quite the collection at our house too. My 11 year old still enjoys them and I foresee several zoos happening at our house.

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

Looks like loads of fun!
Thanks for visiting our blog,
Robbie

Annie said...

Looks like sooooo much fun! We have never been either. Might have to make the trip now:)

Tim and Heike said...

Your children are so sweet. Looks like they had a lot of fun.