Saturday, June 5, 2010

40 Prayer Guide for Orphan Care - Day 1

I first want to thank everyone that prayed and fasted along with me on June 1 for God’s will for the orphans.  It has sparked some here in my community, so to keep things going we are participating in 40 days of prayer for orphan care.  I found this guide along with an orphan Bible study at Saddleback Church.  If possible, meet daily with other prayer warriors, pray alone, just pray. Remember Matthew 18:20, “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them.”

Let’s just see what prayer can do, shall we?

Day 1

Today, pray that the LORD would give you a personal sense of responsibility for the next 40 days (and beyond) for praying for orphans, your pastor, your church, and your community.  Ask Him to break your heart for the orphans.  Ask that He would help to you to see orphans with His eyes and His heart.  Ask Him to use this 40 days of prayer to change you and your church.

No comments: