Friday, July 23, 2010

Chinapalooza 2010 – Day 3

Sorry it is taking so long to post about Chinapalooza.  We have VBS this week and it had been busy!

Ok, where was I? 

On Saturday morning we headed out early to visit Chinatown.  We wanted to get an early start to avoid the heat, but mostly to shop!  We started off with a water taxi ride to China town.

DSCN4236

DSCN4239

DSCN4240

I don’t know why Captain Daddy always tells them to lift their arms up?

DSCN4242

After landing and navigating our way through the neighborhood, we found the main gate for Chinatown.

DSCN4249

 

DSCN4252

My friend had given me the names of the stores she likes to shop at.  We bought new qipao’s for the girls at Giftland.   

chicagogiftland

 

DSCN4331

Our next stop was a grocery store to look for the Princess’ favorite snack from China.  The store was pretty authentic of a shop in China.  When entering the store The Queen said, “Oh, a pet store!”  Yes, there were tanks of swimming creatures as well as many dried varieties.

We found the snacks!

DSCN4327

DSCN4246

My Tiger child.

DSCN4247

My Rooster girl.

DSCN4248

My two Monkeys.

We caught the water taxi back and rested up for the “big” event later in the afternoon.

More Chinapalooza to come…..

2 comments:

Kim K. said...

We need to do this the next time we visit our best friends in Chicago. I can't wait to show them your blog post. How fun to take a visit via the water taxi!!

Annie said...

How wonderful! I so wish we had shops like that here!