Thursday, July 29, 2010

Evening at the Beach

One of the advantages of living near the beach is our access to it whenever we want without little or no advance preparation.  However, we have been so stinkin’ busy this summer, we have not been to the beach.  I can’t believe it.

So, Captain Daddy called home around 4:00 p.m. yesterday and asked, “Do you want to go to the beach?”  Now it is easy to make excuses not to go, but we love the beach so much.  I quickly said, “Yes” and added that there was food for Big Tuna to fix for himself for supper.  Captain  Daddy said, “No, his presence is required.”  We formulated our plan for supper and began gettin’ ready.  It took just a few seconds for The Queen, The Princess, and Godzilla to change into bathing suits and gather their needed necessities.  Big Tuna grudgingly agreed to go with us.

A little while latter we were loaded up and heading toward the beach.

DSCN4337

My handsome Big Tuna trying not to acknowledge that I’m pointing the camera at him.

DSCN4340

My Godzilla getting my attention so I will point the camera at him.

DSCN4341

The Queen really trying to smile, with the sun and wind in her face.

DSCN4343

The Princess enjoying the ride.

DSCN4342

My handsome, Captain Daddy, at the helm.

We went to an isolated island, in the early evening.  There were a few people, but we pretty much had the beach to ourselves.  Just the way we like it.

DSCN4344DSCN4345 

Sand castle (?) building.

DSCN4348

It was a really enjoyable time for us to re-connect as a family.  The sand, salt, and sea always rejuvenates my soul.  I appreciate times like these with my family.  I know they will occur less often, but I will always say “yes” whenever the opportunity arises so we can create another family memory.

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Beautiful pics and beautiful family! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to be so close to the beach like that.

Kim K. said...

How divine. What a wonderful way to spend time together.

Annie said...

So nice! It's funny, we have only been to the beach twice! Shameful!! We are getting ready to go again soon and I can't wait! It is rejuvinating for the family, I think! So glad ya'll had a wonderful afternoon!

Vivian M said...

Love these family memories! Hope you make many more of them!

Jennifer said...

Oh the beach...how I miss it. We haven't been to the beach this summer but for less than an hour.

Love the new "header" too. :)