Monday, August 16, 2010

Back To School Deals and Info

Hey y’all!

I don’t have much time to post, but I wanted to get the word out on a few deals if you are still trying to pull your classroom together like me.

BrownCover 

First, after much research, I have decided to implement Sue Patrick’s Workbox System (or some form of it) into our homeschooling.  You can read about the system here.  Sue Patrick is also having a webinar on August 20 for implementing the system, and on August 23 for optimizing and altering your curriculum.  I have talked with many families that use this system and and have found many resources online that complement this type of system.

xprd2348241_m

To implement this system each child needs a set of “workboxes.”  With 3 kids, I don’t have room for the set up she uses, so instead I found a utility cart with 10 drawers here.  The price ($47.98) was the best I could find, at the time.  I purchased 2 just to try them out. 

100015_sk_md 225666_sk_md 228753_sk_md

This week you can these find carts at Office Depot for $39.99.

51-y4nSlpfL__SL500_AA300_ 

I’ve also been wanting a thermal laminating machine.  I have heard great things about the Scotch 9-inch TL901, especially for the price.  I found this at Target yesterday for $27.99!  They don’t have it on the website, but it is in the stores.  This is a GREAT price.  The laminating pouches sell for $14.99/50 pouches.

I’ll post more on my curriculum and classroom set up this week.  We start school on Wednesday, so I best get busy! 

4 comments:

Kim said...

I have had a laminator for a few months now and loooooove it. (Did I tell you we're homeschooling this year?) If you are a Sam's Club member, they have the Royal brand laminating pouches for $14.47 for 100 (including shipping). I have never seen them in the stores, but I order them online.

Kim

Kim K. said...

Best wishes with your school start- up! Sounds like you are getting extremely organized!!

Sonia said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start in planning. We had our first day today and it was really good. I love the beginning of each year!

Vivian M said...

I love the organizer/caddy thing! I think I will get one for all of Kerri's artwork and supplies, so I can see my dining room table again!
Thanks for sharing :o)