Monday, August 30, 2010

Hurricane Earl - UPDATE

Hey Y'all! Thanks for your prayers and concern, but Earl really didn't affect us. It sprinkled a little bit yesterday, and the wind was slightly breezy. That was it. Today is beautiful and the sun is shining! Now we just have to keep an eye on Gaston.

Since the Disney Channel and Nick Jr. don’t show the local news/weather, I was a bit surprised when I found out there is a hurricane out in the Atlantic. I was even more surprised when the projected path shows that it could slam into the NC coast. I guess I better check my hurricane supplies.

map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405 www.weather.com

6 comments:

Kim K. said...

Eek! I guess I'll take MI snowstorms over hurricanes.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hurricane? Wha-aa??!!?!?!! I need to watch more television. (Heh.)

Annie said...

Oh my! You can tell that our tv didn't get turned on today either!! Be careful! After experiencing Hurricane Hugo, I would not mess around with a big storm!!

Sonia said...

Wow! I've been out of the loop, too, on the news but saw this and thought of y'all and another adoptive family we know who live in Burgaw. Hope Earl passes by far out to sea from y'all!

Jennifer said...

Praying everyone on the coast is safe.

I too was behind in the information as far as projected path and forecast.

Vivian M said...

I am so very grateful you were not impacted by the hurricane!