Friday, October 29, 2010

I Scored Big Time!

I won an online auction the other day!  I usually don’t win because I am cheap frugal and do not usually bid very high.  In this particular case, I had the item on my watch list.  I received the customary email right before the auction ended warning that my watched item “might get away” if I didn’t spring into action.  Which I did.  I hadn’t yet placed a bid on the item.  The price started at $9.99 and there was one bid.  Two minutes were left on the clock.  I quickly placed my bid, expecting to be outbid.  But I wasn’t. 

What did I win?

A collection of 15 brand new books on China.

Step Into the Chinese Empire

Moonbeams, Dumplings & Dragon Boats - (Collection of Chinese holiday tales, activities & recipes)

Daisy Comes Home - Jan Brett

Children in China - Michael Karhausen

Sing 'n Learn Chinese, w/CD - Children's Songs

Ancient China Stencils - (Craft Kit)

At the Beach - Huy Voun Lee

Chinese Mother Goose Rhymes

The Dragon Prince - A Chinese Beauty & The Beast Tale

FaMulan - (Scholastic)

Kites: Magic Wishes That Fly Up to the Sky

Look What Came From China

Science in Ancient China

Growing Up in Ancient China

Chin Chiang and the Dragon's Dance

!B5w(HdgBGk~$(KGrHqYOKjgEyPu),6ZlBMu1kR38PQ~~_12

The best part is that of the 15 books, I only had one of the books, and it is wrecked from usage.  I received the books today and you would have thought it was Christmas!

Oh, my winning bid…$10.50.

3 comments:

Kim K. said...

You did score BIG! Good for you! Enjoy!

Annie said...

Cool!!! Don't ya just love getting a great deal like that!!

Vivian M said...

Awesome!!!