Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010 – Part One

I am not going to debate the pros and cons of Christians and Halloween.  Just accept that my kids like to dress up in costumes and get free candy.  Other than that, I don’t really go all out with Halloween like some folks do.  I do appreciate that some folks like to decorate their house, not just for Halloween, but other seasons/holidays as well.  I am, on the other hand, what I consider decorating-challenged.  Or cheap frugal.  Or lazy overwhelmed.  I used try to do those things, but it isn’t my thing.

I digress.

We did visit a local church’s Pumpkin Patch with our homeschool co-op.  We even learned many interesting things about pumpkins and what they have in common with humans.  Just think about that one for a minute.

DSCN4667DSCN4668

DSCN4671

We enjoyed games… 

DSCN4679

DSCN4686

Story time…

 

DSCN4692

And pumpkins….Here are ours after a make-over.

DSCN4706DSCN4698  DSCN4699Aren’t they cute?  Oh, and the pumpkins are okay too!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I agree. My kids love to dress up but I am not a huge Halloween fan. I have never liked all that spooky, scary stuff. The kids and the pumpkins are adorable!