Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Day! 感恩节快乐!

Happy Thanksgiving y’all!

I can hardly believe that it is Thanksgiving.  This past month has gone by in a blur.  In fact, it was yesterday that Captain Daddy said to me, “So what are we doing for Thanksgiving?”

Our extended family is rather small.  Both of my parents are deceased, and so is Captain Daddy’s father.  We both have a few siblings.  I have to admit that our family has suffered much this year.  Captain Daddy’s Mother has had a chronic health issue that just can’t seemed to be resolved no matter how many procedures she has or how many doctors she sees.  Captain Daddy’s youngest sister is still recovering in a rehabilitation facility following an auto accident from August.  My oldest sister underwent a double mastectomy on Tuesday.

But through it all we are still thankful.  Thankful to our God that gives us each precious day.

So today, we are thankful for our family, friends, church, and church family.  We are also thankful for:

the warm weather that allowed us to cook/eat our dinner outside.

DSCN4754For our Thanksgiving dinner,

DSCN4758 

macaroni and cheese,

DSCN4757

fried cornbread and chicken tenders,

DSCN4756

Cheetos, soda, and Texas Pete sauce,

DSCN4759

\bratwurst and hot dogs, and

DSCN4773

roasted oysters!

DSCN4761

I am thankful for these kids,

DSCN4785

…and this man that rocks my world

(and picks oysters out for me).

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Kim K. said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! My girls would have LOVED the mac-n-cheese for Thanksgiving dinner.

Mom Of Many said...

Okay, okay, so you have to rub it in that you are celebrating outside?? Do you know I just had to run somewhere and it is 10 degrees out? 10 freezing degrees...
So yeah, that wasn't nice!! haha
Hugs from Colorado!! xo

Vivian M said...

Looks like you had the most awesome Thanksgiving ever! Kerri likes your version better. :o)

The Bryant's said...

I loved your Thanksgiving menu! It just made me appreciate that it's not about the turkey...It's about what everyone likes and that we are thankful.
Beth.