Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Holiday Perspective

A Thanksgiving Perspective

感恩节快乐!

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I came across this on another blog, Treasured Pearls.  I hope the original author doesn’t mind me re-posting this.  It just seems to fit so perfectly with my passion for children with no families, and my desire to bring more children into our family.  Just ponder these comments.

I am surrounded by food and feasts beyond compare,
143 million children are wondering if there will be enough to eat.


I am surrounded by friends and family,
143 million children are taken care of by government-paid workers or worse yet, no one


I am surrounded by advertisements beckoning me to purchase the latest hot merchandise,                        143 million children are digging through trash to find a thrown out pair of shoes to wear.


I am surrounded by grown men fighting over a brown ball and trying to move it 100 yards,
143 million children are fighting to survive another day on the streets.


I am surrounded by gridlock on the highways and in the airports,
143 million children are walking to the nearest water pond/lake/river to get water for the day.


I am surrounded by designer bottled water, soda, ice tea, coffee, and alcoholic beverages,
143 million children drink dirty water filled with parasites, diseases, and germs.


I am loved by God,
143 million children are loved by God.

 
I am surrounded by 224 million "Christians" in the US (
Adherents.com)
143 million children are "the least of these."

Matt 25: 32,40 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. ... The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

No comments: