Thursday, April 28, 2011

First “Lost” Tooth

For about the past 2 weeks, The Queen has had a loose tooth.  It has been wiggly and wobbly, but very much still attached to her.  She has been somewhat anxious about having this tooth come out.  Not anxious in “I can’t wait”, but in the “I don’t want this to happen” way.  Of course it doesn’t help that help that her big brothers keep telling her all of the various ways one can have a tooth extracted.

This morning The Queen asked me to check her loose tooth, meaning she wanted me to wiggle it.  I have to tell you that loose teeth give me the heebie-jeebies, but as a Mama, you just gotta do these things.  I wiggle the tooth and it all but lays flat, but still just h-a-n-g-i-n-g on.  I comment to her how loose it is and that I think it is ready to come out.  She is not so sure.  Anyway, she allows me to check it one more time.  I get a hold of it and pull…it came out!  Thank goodness!  There was some shock on The Queen’s face.  We marvelled at the tooth.

DSCN5158

The tooth has been prepared for the arrival of the Tooth Fairy tonight.  There is also a note asking the Tooth Fairy to leave the tooth for Mama.  The Queen doesn’t see the point in it though.  Maybe we will follow the Chinese tradition of burying the tooth (bottom tooth) so the new tooth will grow up straight.

3 comments:

Kim K. said...

Congratulations!! Another major milestone!

Laura L. said...

She looks so cute! We've lost a couple here too. I know you both must be so glad that tooth is out. Depending on the child and situation it can be an ordeal. :)

Vivian M said...

Congrats to the Queen!!
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!