Thursday, May 12, 2011

Strawberry Pickin’

Well, it is that time down here in southeastern NC when those sweet, red, delicious strawberries are ready for pickin’.  Which also means we gorge ourselves with everything-strawberry for the next few weeks.

The girls and I headed out last week to pick a few.  We invited our dearest friend, Ms. K, and her cutie-patootie, Ellie. 

DSCN5253The girls wanted to have their photo taken next to to this lovely, fake rock.  I do not like these fake rocks.  I was involved in an auto accident when a stack of these fell off of a delivery truck and came crashing down on me and little, Big Tuna.  All I can say is, you will never, ever take away my SUV!  But I digress…

DSCN5254

Miss Ellie arrived, dressed for the occasion, in her strawberry outfit.  And no, she is not cyanotic, her blue lips are from a raspberry ring pop. 

DSCN5255

Ellie helping her Mama fill the bucket.

DSCN5257

It did not take long to fill up our buckets (and bellies!).

DSCN5259

Who can help but taste test the berries in the field?

DSCN5260

It is a good thing they didn’t weigh the girls before and after the pickin’…

DSCN5261

..or it would have cost me a lot more!

DSCN5262

But the best part was eating the homemade ice cream afterwards!

Since pickin’ those two bucketfuls, we are down to about a handful of berries.  So we will likely go pickin’ again real soon.  I’ll give you my recipe for strawberry pie!

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Love this post!! Share your home made recipes please!

Kim K. said...

Looks like a lovely day of pickin. Can't wait to see your strawberry pie recipe. YUM