Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day, Captain Daddy!

I had big plans for writing a Father’s Day tribute to Captain Daddy.  Somehow all of the schooling, Sunday School planning, and Boy Scout summer camp preparations got in the way.

So, instead just know that as you travel to Boy Scout summer camp that we all love you, and hope today is somehow special.

I remember giving you a “Father’s Day” card when I found out we were expecting.  The next year you celebrated your first Father’s Day with little, Big Tuna.

Picture 016

I don’t know what secrets of the universe you were sharing with Big Tuna, but they must have been good!

4

 Like father, like son in so many ways! And that is a good thing!

36

You give of your time time in making memories for our children.

chess

Piver Men

FathersD4

This photo always makes me think of Miami Vice.  I love the serious looks on your faces, not to mention Godzilla’s shades:)

DSCN4645

You also give of your time to other boys who may not know a father.

IMGP2952

DSCN4063

You have gone to the ends of the earth for your family.

Pic048

Pic049

And back again.

AUSTIN pIVER 12

DSCN0233 

DSCN0345

DSCN1443

DSCN0829

 

DSCN0909DSCN1703   

What can I say?  You are the best Daddy! 

Happy Father’s Day!

1 comment:

Kim K. said...

Another beautifully written post. Fabulous pictures too.