Happy First Day of Summer!
Like most of y’all, I have grandiose summer plans for doing all of the things I can’t get done during our school year. So I thought I would create a list so I can keep track of things. I don’t want to make my summer busy, but I want to do a few things.
We are going to be continuing with “summer school.” It is kind of a long story, but we started school middle of August 2010. However, we spent about the first month just reviewing/easing into the school year. The Princess didn’t start PreK until middle of September and I wanted to get on a regular schedule before diving in. The problem with that theory was that put us a month behind in our curriculum once we did get started. We also had a few false starts in subjects where it was revealed to me that there were some learning gaps that had to be filled in. So we were further “behind” in a few subjects. I know I shouldn’t get hung up on grade levels, but I am. Especially when it comes to Godzilla. So we will continue with the 3 R’s over the summer, but hopefully in a light, fun way.
Other than that my list includes:
1. Go to the beach!
2. Evaluate/Reflect upon 2010-2011 school year to move forward with the 2011-2012 school year.
3. Go to the beach!
4. SEW! I have several sewing projects I would like to do, dresses for the girls, dolls, etc.
5. Go to the beach!
6. Scrapbook. I am years behind in this project. I really don’t think I will get this re-started though. My scrapbooking process is pretty rigid, and I can’t just do it at a moment’s notice. Maybe I should take inventory I what I even have as it has been so long since I have dragged out all of my supplies.
7. Go to the beach!
8. Organize my recipes.
9. Go to the beach!
10. Organize my classroom/files.
11. Go to the beach!
12. Plan 2011-2012 school year.
13. Go to the beach!
14. File papers/receipts/etc.
15. Go to the beach!
16. Clean my house.
17. Did I mention that I want to got to the beach?