Friday, August 5, 2011

Spa Day for The Princess

The Princess was invited to attend a birthday party today of one of her preschool friends.  The evite read:

“Come get pampered as Friend’s Name celebrates her 5th birthday.  Your "appointment" will begin at 10:30 with manicures, pedicures, hairstyling, and more!  Hope you can make it! 

(*Please BYOB - bring your own brush)”

I knew The Princess would love this kind party!

So we left the house this morning so I could drop her off for her appointment.  This was the first time that I dropped her off alone and drove away.  But we had been to this friend’s house before, and she knew all of the little girls.

At 1:30 p.m. I returned to pick her up.  Little Miss Pretty had a goody basket (not a bag) filled with all sorts of spa day things.  She was also sporting a new “do” and polished nails.

DSCN5696

Inside the basket were a “robe” created from a pink T-shirt, flip-flops (so as not to mar the freshly painted toenails), face cloth, shower gel, nail polish, lip gloss, eye night mask, etc.

DSCN5697 

Sparkly eye shadow adorned her eyes.

DSCN5698

DSCN5699

Work it girl!

DSCN5700

Her hair had been styled, bobby pinned, and glitter hair sprayed!

DSCN5701

The Princess selected a subtle, glittery white polish for her fingernails…

DSCN5703

..and a not-so-subtle neon green for her toenails!

DSCN5704

Poor thing was all tuckered out from all of that “pampering.”  She donned her eye night mask and climbed on the couch for a nap.

DSCN5705

KitKat too!

3 comments:

Kim K. said...

What a fun party. I think I'd like a spa day party too.

Sonia said...

I love this! What a great idea. And tell the princess how beautiful I think she looks.

Vivian M said...

Ohhhh I need a spa day party! The princess looks beauty-full!!! ;o)