Friday, November 11, 2011

An Unexpected Visitor

The other morning when we were getting started with school, The Queen began whispering to me to “come quickly and quietly!”  I looked out our front door thinking that someone had pulled up in our driveway.  I didn’t see a car, so I wasn’t sure what she was pointing at. 

Then, I saw it. 

I wasn’t sure what “it” was. 

At first, all I could see was something white and feathery with its back to me.  Honestly, I though Hedwig was sitting on my steps with some sort of wizard post.

I walked over to the dining room window to get a look from another angle.  This is what I saw:

DSCN6447

My hopes were up that maybe it was a stork delivering a present:)  But, there was nothing else out there but this bird.

I think it is an egret.  I am still wondering why it chose to be sitting on my front steps.  Finally one of the cats decided to investigate which caused the beautiful bird to fly off. 

What a blessing to see something so beautiful up close.  Just a nice little, unexpected visitor.

 

2 comments:

Kim K. said...

Very cool.

Vivian M said...

Hubby says that is a stork. :o)