Saturday, January 28, 2012

Xin Nian Kuai Le 4710!

Happy Year of the Dragon!  This year I asked to share Chinese New Year with our homeschool co-op.

DSCN6721

As usual, I went over the top.  It is not often that I get to share things that we have from China, so I took the opportunity yesterday!

DSCN6722 

Toys, books, videos…

DSCN6723

…display board, goodie bags, dragon mask/crown craft…

DSCN6724

…Dragon dance!

DSCN6725

DSCN6726

We chased away Nien by stomping on bubble wrap and making lots of noise!

DSCN6727 

Followed by auspicious foods of orange slices (good fortune), goldfish crackers (prosperity), vanilla wafers (wealth), and M&M’s (happiness for Moms)!

Wishing y’all health, happiness, and good fortune in the Year of the Dragon!

1 comment:

just tututiny said...

Stumbled upon your great blog and just wanted to leave a comment to invite you to visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY! Hope to see you soon =)
Just Tututiny