Monday, April 30, 2012

For A Friend – Help Bring An Orphan Home

Way back when, I started following a blog of a family at Cornbread & Chopsticks.  I don’t recall how I found the blog or how my sweet friend Annie found my blog, but we did.  Annie and I really bonded when I feel in love with a sweet little girl that needed a family.  Annie and I started advocating for this precious child in hopes that a family would come across our blogs and find their child.  I don’t know if our advocating led a family to this child, but it definitely led Annie into becoming champion advocate and a voice for those that have none.

Annie1 Annie and her precious family

Well God has been doing some amazing things in Annie’s life!  Annie recently announced that she and her family are adopting again!  Isn’t that wonderful?  Her daughter “XM” is beautiful and I am so happy for Annie and her family!

I also know what a challenge adopting a child can be.  It is not for the faint of heart or for those that don’t like paperwork!  On top of all that are the fees and costs associated with the adoption process.  I know that most families that want to adopt do not have money laying around or growing on a tree in their backyard! (I wish I had a money tree!)

I also know that God wants us, as believers, to do what we can to help orphans.  There are many ways to help.  But today is your lucky day! Here are some easy opportunities for you to help this precious child, XM, to join her family!!

First, y’all know that Mother’s Day is coming up soon.  You didn’t?  Well, I am glad that I have informed you!  Now thank me by going on over to Be A Voice.  The folks over at Be A Voice are having a fundraiser to help Annie and her family in their adoption endeavor.  Be A Voice sells beautiful adoption/family jewelry, such as this lovely bracelet for ONLY $20!:

beavoicetoggle-350x350

They are offering, for a limited time only (until May 4th), to donate the entire purchase amount to Annie!  There are some other lovely pieces such as this family pin:

JPEW5636-350x350

There are several other pieces that would make a wonderful Mother’s Day gift (HINT HINT HINT).  In fact, I ordered my own Mother’s Day bracelet just so I could help Annie and because I wanted it:).  Definitely a win/win relationship.

Secondly, if you have already bought your Mother’s Day gift, you can help by “chipping in” on Annie’s blog site.  There is a “Donate” button on the upper right side of her blog.

And third, you can pray for Annie and her family, and XM.  They can use prayer for financial provision, the process to go smoothly, for XM to be prepared to join the family, for XM to know and feel their love, for bonding, for every aspect of this process.  Yes, prayer does move mountains.

So, go shopping at Be A voice and get your Mother’s Day gift without having to leave your home!

ThankYou

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh Teri!!!! Thank you so much! I need that darn kleenex again!!!!! LOL! You are a blessing dear friend!