Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It’s Almost Summer!

Yesterday Captain Daddy called during the middle of school.  He wanted to know if we had too much going on.  You see, the weather was perfect……and the tide was lowering…He wanted to know if we wanted to go to the beach. 

Being the rigid school Ma’arm that I am,

I dropped everything and grabbed the beach bag!

DSCN6952

Let’s just call it a “field trip”, shall we?

DSCN6953

A lesson in the observation of the tidal cycle…

DSCN6989

from atop a boogie board…

DSCN6955

and the contact of the waves…

DSCN6956

and just the joy….

DSCN6977

the beauty…..

DSCN6992

and the wonder of it all!

DSCN6996 (2)

4 comments:

Kim K. said...

Good for you. Looks like a well deserved field trip. I can't wait for summer temps and beach time.

Charlene said...

I am so envious! LOL I just love that you are able to drop and go! We try to make a beach trip every year, but not sure we'll get one in this year with our China trip in the fall.

I read your blog in google reader so I guess I haven't stopped by the actual blog in a while. LOVE the design! It is so fun!

Annie said...

LOVE it!!!!! I think your kids and mine go to the same school! LOL!

Vivian M said...

Love, love, love!!!! Happy referral anniversary!